Converted Biovore with Bio-Acid Spore Mine Launching
This was the first thing bigger than a Spore Mine or Ripper
Swarm that I painted and the first thing with the funky arm
ribbing. I went with basic color theory on this and simply chose
the complementary color to purple, yellow, which I thought was
a reasonably safe choice since the ribbed areas were surrounded
purple and thus isolated from the green. It came out all right,
much better than simply leaving it as highlighted purple I think,
and consistent with the other models which I plan to have not
only yellow ribbing but also possibly brood markings in yellow
to help differentiate the broods.
It was also one of the first miniatures I had ever based.
I decided on scrub, because I think that the patches of grass
help break up the monotony between bases and it looks more realistic
overall without too much more effort.